Skip to main content.
Untitled Document

Transfer Credit from Other Colleges


Have you previously attended other colleges? WITC will transfer previous credits that you have earned from other accredited colleges and universities. You will receive prior learning credits when courses fulfill required or elective courses in your program. To transfer, the course must meet at least 80% of WITC's course competencies, be of equivalent rigor, and graded with a C (2.0) or better on a 4.0 scale. Some WITC programs do have higher grade standards. There is no fee for transferring credits.

Transfer Information System (TIS)
If you have credits from the University of Wisconsin System or Wisconsin Technical College System, you can use the Transfer Information System (TIS) to determine how courses completed from these colleges may transfer between WTCS and UW colleges. The Transfer Information System (TIS) is a statewide initiative to improve transfer for Wisconsin students, and includes tools like the Credit Transfer Wizards, Transfer Guides, Articulation Agreements, and Transfer Plans.

Transfer Equivalency Service (TES)
Courses completed at private Wisconsin colleges or out of state colleges that have already been determined eligible for transfer are listed in WITC’s Transfer Equivalency Service (TES). Colleges are listed alphabetically by institution and their courses are grouped by subject area. If you do not find a course from your school listed on the site, the course may still transfer to WITC. Contact the campus credit for prior learning staff for assistance.

To check course transfer eligibility, scroll down to find the institutions where you have previously taken courses and click on the link for that school. Enter Transfer Equivalency Service (TES) Now

Final determination of transfer credit acceptance is made by the campus credit for prior learning contact or registrar once admitted to a program and official transcripts of all completed coursework have been received.

For additional information, contact:

WITC - Ashland
Attn: Roxanne Lusua
2100 Beaser Avenue
Ashland, WI 54806
Email Roxanne Lusua

WITC - New Richmond
Attn: Linda Feldhege
1019 South Knowles Avenue
New Richmond, WI 54017
Email Linda Feldhege

WITC - Rice Lake
Attn: TBD
1900 College Drive
Rice Lake, WI 54868
WITC - Superior
Attn: Amanda Granlund
600 North 21st Street
Superior, WI 54880
Email Amanda Granlund

Foreign Credential Evaluations

Foreign credentials refer to transcripts from educational institutions outside the United States. A detailed course by course evaluation is required if previous foreign postsecondary courses are being requested for transfer. WITC accepts foreign credential evaluations from any current member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) with a course-by-course evaluation and grade point average (GPA) included. For additional NACES-affiliated credential evaluation options, please visit the NACES website. A credential evaluation is different than a translation because it shows how the foreign educational system aligns with the U.S. educational system and converts grades into U.S. equivalencies.
List of Recommended Foreign Credential EvaluatorsAdobe PDF icon

Contact Shane Evenson, Registrar, to learn how college coursework completed outside the U.S. will transfer to WITC.

Quick Links

UW/WTCS Transfer Information System (TIS)

Private Wisconsin/Out-of-State College Transfer Equivalency Service (TES)

WITC's Associate Degree General Studies Crosswalk

General Studies Transfer Guidelines