College Credit for your Work/Life Learning
Do you have work, volunteer, or other life learning experiences that might fulfill program requirements?
WITC uses a portfolio method to document learning through prior work, military, volunteer, education, training, and/or other life experience to assess equivalency to WITC course competencies. To begin the process, review the templates below to determine if you have the skills and knowledge covered in the course. To continue the process, check the portfolio template to see if a meeting with the academic dean or instructor is highly recommended or required. If a meeting is required, you must schedule a time to meet in person or phone call. If a meeting is highly recommended, you may either schedule a meeting with the dean or instructor to assure you are proceeding correctly or use the Experiential Learning Portfolio Tutorial linked below to develop your portfolio independently. If you need assistance contacting the dean or instructor, you may contact the Credit for Prior Learning Contact at your nearest campus.
You can use the Experiential Learning Portfolio Tutorial below to guide you as you complete your Portfolio. When completed, submit the portfolio to the campus Credit for Prior Learning contact to begin the review process.
Experiential Learning Portfolio Templates:
- Administrative Office Procedures
- Electronic Health Records
- Healthcare Documentation and Editing
- Introduction to Healthcare Documentation
- Job Quest
- Marketing Principles
- Medical Insurance Claims
- Medical Office Administration
- Medical Office Procedures and Customer Service
- Patient Billing and Reimbursement
- Professional Profile
Family and Consumer
- Disabilities and the Helping Profession
- Early Childhood Education Practicum 1
- Early Childhood Education: Health, Safety, & Nutrition Template
Trade and Technical