Skip to main content.
Untitled Document

College Credit for your Military Service


At WITC, there are several ways in which you may be able to use your military experience to finish your degree as efficiently and affordably as possible. With WITC's comprehensive transfer opportunities, you can do just that!

The American Council on Education (ACE) has evaluated formal courses and occupations offered by all branches of the military for equivalent college credit that may apply to your program. WITC will review your military transcripts to determine transfer credit based on recommendations from the American Council on Education.

Begin the process by requesting your military transcript by selecting the appropriate branch below:

*Army, Marine Corps, Coast Guard - Joint Services Transcript (JST)

Joint Services Transcript (JST) is part of an automated transcript system that combines Army, Marine Corps, Navy and Coast Guard detailed personal service member data, military course completions with descriptions, military experience and other learning experiences. The transcript also includes college-level test score data for exams such as CLEP, DSST, and DLPT.

*Air Force CCAF (Community College of the Air Force) Transcripts

*Note: Depending on which Internet browser you are using, you may need to add a Security Exception when prompted to view the above site(s).

LearningCounts™ @ SECO

The Department of Defense (DoD) Spouse Education and Career Opportunities program (SECO) has teamed up with the Council for Adult and Experiential Learning, otherwise known as CAEL, to give military spouses the opportunity to earn undergraduate college credit for college-level learning gained from volunteer and community service, work experience, training programs and independent study.

Watch this video to see what LearningCounts™ can do for you.

Contact a certified SECO Career Counselor at 800.342.9647 to find out more about the program and get started. The counselor will point you in the right direction and assist you in finding the LearningCounts™ course that best suits your needs.

Have questions? Contact any one of our campus Credit for Prior Learning contacts.

You can speak with Shane Evenson, Registrar, for a preliminary evaluation of your transfer credits before you even apply to WITC.

Military References
for Students

State of Wisconsin - Department of Veterans Affairs

Transfer Guide: Understanding Your Military Transcript and ACE Credit Recommendations

Military OneSource - Education and Employment

Veterans Wisconsin Education Portal

Joint Services Transcript FAQs

Transfer Credit Resources

UW/WTCS Transfer Information System (TIS)

Private Wisconsin/Out-of-State College Transfer Equivalency Service (TES)

WITC's Associate Degree General Studies CrosswalkMilitary Friendly School