How to Apply
Admissions - Getting StartedWITC has an easy 3-step program admissions process. For the fastest admissions decision, complete all three steps in one campus visit!
Complete and submit your application online by selecting the 'Apply online now' link below. You will be asked to submit payment for the $30 non-refundable application fee. Before you begin this application, you will want to have the following information available:
- Desired program/major title
- Campus you wish to attend
- Semester you wish to begin your program. (Note the WITC Application Dates listed below.)
- Debit or credit card
- Social security number
- Name, address, and graduation date of high school attended or GED/HSED completion date
WITC Application Dates
- On or after October 1 for the following fall term
- On or after February 1 for the following spring term
- On or after July 1 for the following summer term
2. AssessWITC uses ACCUPLACER® as its admission/course placement assessment tool. It is a computerized test in reading, writing, and math. The entrance assessment requirement may be waived if you have a higher learning degree or have satisfactory scores on a recent college entrance tests such as the ACT, ACCUPLACER, ASSET, or COMPASS. For more information or to schedule your appointment, contact the Student Services Office at a campus near you. Call 800.243.9482 and dial the correct extension below:
- Ashland Student Services: Ext. 3188
- New Richmond Student Services: Ext. 4145
- Rice Lake Student Services: Ext. 5475 or 5247
- Superior Student Services: Ext. 6282 or 6271
- What is ACCUPLACER®?
- iTunes Study App
- Web Based Study App (coming soon!)
- Sample Tests (Includes information on the three tests administered by WITC - Sentence Skills, Reading Comprehension, Arithmetic)
- Sample Tests (Includes the same three tests as above and others including Elementary Algebra, College-Level Mathematics, and English as a Second Language questions.)
- Kahn Academy From this resource page, scroll down and click on “Arithmetic and pre-algebra” under the Math Library category.
- Learning Express Library From this resource page, scroll down and click on the Learning Express Library link. To use the site, you must register for an account using your WITC Student ID or your local library number. After logging in, select College Admission Preparation, College Placement Preparation, ACCUPLACER® Preparation.
Your third and final step is a counselor interview which typically occurs immediately after your scheduled assessment. (In certain cases the interview will be conducted by phone.) In your interview our counselor will review your assessment scores, program choice and discuss with you any additional entrance requirements. Out-of-district applicants will be admitted in priority order for fall term after January 1 and for spring term after May 1.
TIP: Bring your high school and/or college transcripts to your interview. The college uses the completed assessment, along with high school and other postsecondary transcripts, to measure your skill level and to help place you in courses and/or a program.
For more information about the admissions process, or if you would like a personal consultation, please call 800.243.9482 or contact a campus Admissions Advisor.