Skip to main content.


Diverse group of students.

The state of Wisconsin offers two options for high school completion: the General Education Development certificate (GED) and the High School Equivalency Diploma (HSED). The GED is accepted by most employers and colleges and meets the requirements for Financial Aid. Some employers, universities and branches of the military may require an HSED. You decide which option is best for you.

Eligibility Requirements:

You may take the GED/HSED tests if you:

New Civics Requirement:

The Wisconsin Legislature passed statutory language that adds a requirement to earn either a certificate of general education development (GED) or a high school equivalency diploma (HSED) in Wisconsin. 2015 ACT 55 now requires that all GED and HSED students pass a 100 question civics test with a score of 60 or better. This new law is effective for any students who earn a GED or HSED issued after July 1, 2016.

Please arrange to take the test at the testing center where you completed the orientation, where you are taking the GED Tests, or where you are completing the other HSED requirements. You may see a version of the test and the study resources at this website:

Success is just clicks away.