Testing Fees and Information
Testing fees for the GED/HSED
|Candidate Status/Classification||Wisconsin GED 2014 Series Test Fee per Content Area||Wisconsin GED 2014 Series Test Full Fee|
|High School Contract or Veterans*||$30.00||$120|
|Retakes - first two in a 12-month period (reduced rate sponsored by GEDTS)||$10.00||N/A|
|Retakes - paid by test-taker||$30.00||N/A|
*Wisconsin credential fee is reduced for various populations
- 30-day waiting period between re-tests is required
- Test fees are non-refundable
- No fee is charged for the initial Health and Civics exams. Re-test fees are $20 per test.
- Agency funding may be available through a voucher system.
On the day of the test
- Arrive at your scheduled Pearson-VUE test center 30 minutes prior to your test session.
- A valid government issued, non-expired photo ID including your name, address, date of birth, signature, and photograph is required. You will not be allowed to test without it.
- Personal items (purses, backpacks, food/drinks, other personal items) will be collected and stored for you.
Note: Test-takers must reschedule or cancel test appointments at least 24 hours prior to the exam, via "MyGED", or the testing fee will be forfeited.
Need a transcript? You can request a GED/HSED transcript online.
Employers, colleges, and universities: If you need to verify that a candidate has a GED or HSED from Wisconsin and the date of issuance (without obtaining certified test scores, transcripts, or credentials), click here for more information