Academic Affairs Goals
Goal 1: Enhance and promote Learning Opportunities to Support the
Growth and Success of Students and Employers in Northwestern Wisconsin
Objective 1: Develop a coordinated data-driven planning
- Document and complete divisional planning timeline.
- Develop a comprehensive program planning process that addresses the
needs of all stakeholders and considers market demands and trends.
- Develop a white paper that outlines online learning philosophy, vision
and strategies and present to online learning taskforce.
- Document strategies from AA, SA and IT for online learning.
- Work with online learning taskforce to develop a plan to evaluate the
strategies from each division.
- Work with Divisional Dean to document all external accreditation
processes for all programs that hold external accreditation.
- Publish all external processes on Academic Affairs web site.
- Develop a timeline and plan for the AQIP process through the TAPPERS
- Work with Deans to develop strategies to decrease the cost of textbooks
by 50 percent.
Objective 3: Provide continuous improvement of processes,
procedures, and business practices based on outcomes and measures.
- Align program review, quality review process and Perkins initiatives.
Objective 4: Integrate renewable energy and
sustainability concepts into WITC's operations and programming.
- Develop a process for President's Cabinet to implement new programs once
they are developed.
- Develop a plan that investigates new programming and integrates
renewable energy and sustainability into curriculum.
Goal 2: Develop Strategic Partnerships that Enhance Educational and
Objective 2: Improve opportunities to leverage
WITC's resources before, during, and after students are enrolled.
- Work with Deans to document student internship opportunities.
- Develop a process to evaluate student internship opportunities.
- Work in collaboration with the Director of Curriculum to document all
- Work in collaboration with the Director of Marketing and curriculum to
produce a marketing piece for our articulation agreements.
- Develop a process to maintain currency of agreements and promote
- Work with Dean to develop additional articulation agreements.
- Identify existing home school consortiums and develop a list of
- Review Basic Education model (Evaluation year).
Goal 3: Create a Culture and Climate that Enhances Collaboration and
Objective 5: Foster diversity across the college.
- Document opportunities to provide foreign language to students.
- Increase opportunities for international education.
- Implement additional opportunities for international education.
Goal 4: Exemplify a Learning Environment that promotes Accessibility
Objective 1: Establish a successful and sustainable
student learning assessment program.
- Develop a plan for assessment college-wide.
- Implement the assessment plan.
- Develop a process to evaluate the assessment plan.
Objective 2: Remove barriers that impede student access to
programs and services.
- Develop ways to reduce the cost of instructional resources to students.
Objective 3: Strengthen the Prepared Learner Program.
- In collaboration with Student Affairs, further develop the Prepared
- Implement the math placement.
- Develop objectives of reading for prepared learner.
Objective 4: Provide services that support and enhance
- Interpret and respond to CCSSE report.