17-196-6 Technical Certificate
Campus: Ashland, New Richmond, Rice Lake, Superior
As a licensed Cosmetology practitioner, the Cosmetology Manager certificate will qualify students to complete the State of Wisconsin Cosmetology Manager examination. In order to apply for the managerís exam, students will need to have 2,000 hours of practice as a licensed practitioner plus 150 hours of instruction as provided by this certificate. (Otherwise, students are required to have 4,000 hours of practice as a licensed practitioner, prior to taking the exam.)
Courses are offered in a variety of instructional modes that allow flexibility with your working schedule.
As a Cosmetology Manager certificate student, you should be able to:
- Practice as a licensed cosmetology practitioner
- Work well with people
- Be friendly and professional with clients and co-workers
- Be organized and able to handle multiple responsibilities
Preparation for Admission
As a student in this certificate, you should strive to reach a comfort level in the following courses or skills:
- Cosmetology Practitioner License
Employers will expect you, after completing this certificate, to be able to:
- Successfully complete the State of Wisconsin examination to become a Cosmetology Manager.