17-196-2 Technical Certificate
Campus: Ashland*, New Richmond*, Rice Lake*, Superior*
*Combination of ITV (Interactive Television), in-person or online instruction
The Ethical Leadership certificate is a series of three courses designed to acquire and improve the student's skills in creating and maintaining a legal, ethical, and diverse work environment. Areas covered include diversity and change management, legal issues for supervisors, and ethics.
This certificate is designed to give you guidelines so you will have, and be willing to act on, a definite sense of ethical standards. This certificate will also encourage you to examine ethical dilemmas from different perspectives and to develop a habit of conscious reflection.
Employers will expect you, after completion of this certificate, to be able to:
- Justify corporate social responsibility
- Recommend a framework for dealing with different cultures and morals/ethics
- Critique the identification, analysis, and recommend action/solution to a business-related ethical dilemma
- Assess the "value" of advertising to society
- Recommend methods of balancing "reasonable" consumer safety with a producer’s profit motive
- Recommend methods of balancing employees’ right to privacy with employers’ rights in today’s information/knowledge-based business