17-801-2 Technical Certificate
Campus: Ashland, New Richmond, Rice Lake, Superior
The General Studies certificate is designed for students who would like to take introductory courses before deciding on a technical diploma or associate degree program. It provides time to develop learning skills and clarify career/educational goals while earning credits that may be applied to a full-time WITC program.
Some credits may also be transferable to other technical colleges, the UW System, or private four-year colleges. Check with the other college for more information.
Students should consider a General Studies certificate if they are:
- A high school senior who is unsure of what major to pursue at a technical college or four-year university
- Returning to school without a clear career path in mind
The General Studies certificate will help students:
- Develop learning skills
- Clarify career/educational goals
- Recognize and be more aware of their abilities
- Complete general education requirements prior to choosing their program
- Match interests and abilities to today’s technical careers
- Improve their study habits, writing skills, academic performance, and employability skills