Professional Credential for Preschool Teachers (Wisconsin)
17-307-5 Technical Certificate
The Professional Credential for Preschool Teachers (Wisconsin) certificate is designed for individuals working with children ages three to five. This includes family child care providers, day care teachers, nursery school teachers, certified providers, or anyone wishing to provide a quality environment and learning activities for children in this age group. Coursework consists of 18 credits, representing five courses selected from the Wisconsin Technical College System statewide curriculum for an associate degree, plus a culminating capstone course.
Upon completion of certificate classes, students may apply to The Registry to commission for the Preschool Teachers Credential, 5900 Monona Drive, Suite #205, Madison, WI 53716, 608.222.1123, www.the-registry.org.
Employers will expect you, after completing the certificate, to:
- Integrate strategies that support diversity and anti-bias perspectives
- Explore early childhood curriculum models
- Provide a healthy, safe, and nutritionally sound early childhood environment
- Incorporate health, safety, and nutrition concepts into the children's curriculum
- Practice positive guidance strategies
- Create a guidance philosophy
- Analyze the development of children age three to age five
- Create developmentally appropriate language, literature, and literacy activities
WITC offers a wide array of credit-based early childhood education courses, credentials, and degree options that align with the Youngstar requirements.