Traffic Safety for Point Reduction
WITC is certified by the Department of Transportation to provide Traffic Safety programs within the state of Wisconsin. The Traffic Safety for Point Reduction course is designed to reduce the number of violations and crashes in Wisconsin. Emphasis is placed on modifying high-risk driving behaviors.
The course consists of a minimum of 12 hours of interactive education. Students receive information about defensive driving strategies, risks and consequences of aggressive driving, safety belts and air bags, Wisconsin traffic laws and penalties, speeding and crash risk on the road. They will complete a Personal Change Plan to help modify high-risk driving behaviors. Upon successful completion of this 12 hour course, a person can have a 3 point reduction on any point total accumulated against their WI driving record, if they have not attended this course in the past 3 years. All hours of classes must be attended. This class also meets the requirements for anyone that has received a failure to yield right of way violations - 2011 Wisconsin Act 173 - 346.18.
In this course students:
- Examine their driving behavior
- Receive information about Wisconsin's traffic laws and penalties
- Review defensive driving strategies
- Receive information about the effects of alcohol and other drugs on driving performance
- Develop a personal Change Plan to reduce the risk of traffic violations and crashes
- Three point reduction option
To register for a class, click here for available course schedules.