Service Member Priority Enrollment
In compliance with Wisconsin Act AB201, WITC proudly offers eligible Service Members the opportunity to receive priority course enrollment dates assigned by enrollment group, allowing Service Members to enroll in WITC courses ahead of non-service members. This priority applies to service members who have served or are currently serving on active duty under honorable conditions in the U.S. armed forces. Priority enrollment appointments are given to Service Members and does not extend to eligible dependents.
Service members interested in a priority enrollment must apply and submit eligible documents verifying service member status to WITC no later than March 15 for summer and/or fall enrollment and by October 15 for spring term enrollment. Once initial eligibility for priority registration at WITC has been established, students will automatically be assigned a priority enrollment appointment based on their enrollment group. Submit any one of the following items to document Honorable Discharge.
- NGB22/22A- National Guard report of separation and record of Service
- Reserve Credit Report and "Discharge Order & Point Summary"
- Letter from Commanding Officer on letterhead with original signature
- Current Orders
- Letter from County Veteran Service Officer on letterhead with original signature
Contact the financial aid office at any one of our campus locations to apply for Service Member priority enrollment. Once your service member status has been confirmed, you will automatically qualify for priority enrollment appointment each term you are enrolled at WITC. Click here for detailed information on when enrollment appointments are assigned and how to find your specific WITC enrollment appointment.
Veterans and service member resources to document military service:
- Ebenefits: https://www.ebenefits.va.gov/ebenefits-portal/ebenefits.portal
- National Archives (evetrecs): http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/
- WI County Veteran Service Officer: http://wicvso.org/locate-your-cvso/
- U.S. Army Human Resources Command Website: http://www.hrc.army.mil/
- Wisconsin Department of Veteran Affairs:
- National Guard Website:
The National Guard belongs to the individual state, not to the federal government, there's not a central repository for National Guard records.
To obtain a copy of your NGB Form 22/22A, contact the National Guard Adjutant General's Office for the particular state in which you performed National Guard service.
- National Guard Website: http://www.nationalguard.mil/Resources/StateWebsites.aspx