for Area High School Graduates
Apply Immediately. Deadline April 14th, 2017. Available at all four WITC campuses: Ashland, Rice Lake, New Richmond, and Superior
The WITC Promise Scholarship provides college tuition assistance for area high school graduates who meet program eligibility requirements. The WITC Promise Scholarship will pay the balance of tuition and fees for eligible students after federal and state grants are applied. Tuition will be covered up to four terms (pending eligibility requirements each term).
Who is eligible for the WITC Promise Scholarship?
- 2017 high school, GED, or home schooled graduate
- Apply for admissions to a financial aid eligible program at WITC by April 14, 2017
- Complete and submit the Free Application for Financial Aid (FAFSA) by April 14, 2017
- Complete and submit WITC Promise application by April 14, 2017
- Student must meet eligibility requirements for Federal and Wisconsin financial aid
- Complete all program admissions requirements prior to July 1, 2017
- Have an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) of $3,500 or lower as determined by information provided on the Free Application for Financial Aid. (A studentís EFC is an index number of how much financial aid the student is eligible to receive; it is not the amount of money a student will have to pay for college, nor is it the amount of student aid a student will receive).
- Achieve minimum 2.0 GPA for senior year in high school.
- Participate in a free Financial Literacy training program while enrolled at WITC.
- Enroll in at least 12 credits per term (exception to minimum credit requirement may apply for certain programs).
- Complete the WITC Foundation Scholarship application for all future terms.
- Consistently receives top national rankings
- 95 percent of WITC graduates were hired within six months of graduation.*
- Offers 50+ career-focused associate degree programs, technical diplomas, short-term certificates, customized business training, and a wide array of courses for personal or career enrichment
- 98 percent of WITC graduates are satisfied with the education/training received at WITC*
- 74 percent of WITC graduates in jobs related to their WITC education work in Wisconsin*
For more information, call 800.243.WITC and ask for a WITC
Beth Hazelton, ext. 3195
Jodi Saliny, ext. 4339
Jennifer Ruid, ext. 5220
Cindy Miller, ext. 6243
WITC is an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer and Educator
* WITC Graduate Survey pub. 2015 • Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission • Member of Wisconsin Technical College System