|10-106-6 Associate Degree (two-year)
Campus: Ashland, Rice Lake, Online
Technology. Administration. Multi-task.
The Administrative Professional program prepares individuals with the
software/hardware, administrative, and interpersonal skills needed to perform
the duties of administrative support personnel. The second year of the program
allows students the flexibility of increasing skills in either communications or
software applications. Many of the skill subjects are competency based or are
available through alternate delivery methods. With additional education and/or
work experience, there is opportunity for graduates to advance into supervisory
or managerial positions.
Career Pathway Options
A career pathway is a series of connected education and training
strategies and support services that enable individuals to secure stackable
industry relevant credentials and obtain employment within an occupational area
and advance to higher levels of future education and employment in that area.
The Administrative Professional two-year associate degree includes an embedded technical diploma
option as documented below:
Students in this program must:
- Complete application form and submit with fee (fee waiver may apply if
- Complete Accuplacer entrance assessment to determine placement (waiver
may apply with acceptable alternative test scores and/or postsecondary
- Complete admissions interview with a WITC counselor (above requirements
should be completed prior to interview)
Organized. Efficient. Leadership.
should strive to reach a comfort level in the following courses or skills:
- Basic computer skills
- English/Basic grammar
- General Math
Administrative Professional students should be able to:
- Follow instructions quickly
- Express ideas verbally and in writing
- Enjoy learning new methods and procedures
- Perform responsible work without close supervision
- Exhibit a willingness to work with others
- Adapt to changing situations
- Work repetitive tasks and identify errors
Key to the student's success as an Administrative Professional is having a
good command of English and effective human relations skills.
Employers will expect Administrative Professional graduates to be
- Demonstrate effective workplace communications
- Apply technology skills to business and administrative tasks
- Perform routine administrative procedures
- Manage administrative projects
- Maintain internal and external relationships
- Model professionalism in the workplace
The estimated total program cost for the two-year Administrative Professional
program is approximately $9,000. This program is eligible for financial aid. View more information on
program and costs.