Architectural Commercial Design
|10-614-4 Associate Degree (two-year)
Campus: New Richmond, Rice Lake
Drawing. Ideas. Communication.
The Architectural Commercial Design program will prepare students to
translate the ideas, rough sketches, specifications, and calculations of
engineers, architects, and designers into commercial and residential working
drawings. Our program emphasizes construction techniques and materials used in
commercial building design.
This program is unique in the state.
Students in this program must:
- Complete application form and submit with fee (fee waiver may apply if
- Complete Accuplacer entrance assessment to determine placement (waiver
may apply with acceptable alternative test scores and/or postsecondary
- Review and sign the Functional Ability Statement of Understanding
- Complete admissions interview with a WITC counselor (above requirements
should be completed prior to interview)
Logical. Problem Solving. Team Player.
Students should strive to reach a comfort level in the following courses or skills:
Architectural Commercial Design students should:
- Possess some mathematical and science background
- Enjoy the application of problem solving involved in building
- Possess the desire to assume responsibility
- Be able to work well with others
Employers will expect Architectural Commercial Design graduates to
be able to:
- Develop construction documents
- Evaluate building materials
- Develop building designs
- Integrate building systems
- Use computer-aided drafting, building information modeling, and
architectural related software
- Utilize office practices and standards
- Utilize the Enrolled Wisconsin Commercial Building Code incorporating
the International Building Code
The estimated total program cost for the two-year Architectural Commercial
Design program is
approximately $9,750. This program is eligible for financial aid. This includes basic software and a laptop.
View more information on
program and costs.