Architectural Commercial Design
|10-614-4 Associate Degree (two-year)
Campus: New Richmond, Rice Lake
|Financial Aid Eligible
Drawing. Ideas. Communication.
The Architectural Commercial Design program will prepare students to
translate the ideas, rough sketches, specifications, and calculations of
engineers, architects, and designers into commercial and residential working
drawings. Our program emphasizes construction techniques and materials used in
commercial building design.
This program is unique in the state.
Students in this program must:
- Complete application form and submit with fee (fee waiver may apply if
- Complete Accuplacer entrance assessment to determine placement (waiver
may apply with acceptable alternative test scores and/or postsecondary
- Review and sign
- Complete admissions meeting with a WITC counselor (above requirements
should be completed prior to meeting)
Employers will expect Architectural Commercial Design graduates to
be able to:
- Develop construction documents
- Evaluate building materials
- Develop building designs
- Integrate building systems
- Use computer-aided drafting, building information modeling, and
architectural related software
- Utilize office practices and standards
- Utilize the Enrolled Wisconsin Commercial Building Code incorporating
the International Building Code
The estimated total program cost for the two-year Architectural Commercial
Design program is $10,366 (does not include books). This program is eligible for
financial aid. View more information on
program and costs.