|10-102-3 Associate Degree (two-year)
Campus: Ashland, New Richmond, Rice Lake, Superior
Quality. Human Relations. Leadership.
Business Management students will acquire a broad-based business background.
Business managers are found in a wide variety of settings in virtually every
sector of the economy. Students gain a background to enable them to make sound
business decisions. Areas of study include accounting and budgeting, human
resources, finance, marketing, law, planning, supervision, and business
technology. Communication, math, and leadership skills are developed throughout
the program. Electives in the program provide an opportunity for students to
customize the degree to specific career interests.
Students in this program must:
- Complete application form and submit with fee (fee waiver may apply if
- Complete Accuplacer entrance assessment to determine placement (waiver
may apply with acceptable alternative test scores and/or postsecondary
- Complete admissions interview with a WITC counselor (above requirements
should be completed prior to interview)
Inspiring. Optimistic. Communicator.
Students should strive to reach a comfort level in the following courses or skills:
- Communication skills
- Computer skills
- Management skills
When students enter this program, they should be able to:
- Work well with others, individually and in groups
- Assume responsibility and have sound, ethical judgment
- Communicate well, both verbally and in writing
- Organize in an accurate and detailed manner
- Use technology
- Handle pressure and multiple tasks
- Learn new ideas, methods, and concepts
- Learn through a variety of delivery methods
Employers will expect graduates of the program to be able to:
- Plan the operations of a business across functional areas
- Organize resources to achieve the goals of the organization
- Direct individuals and/or processes to meet organizational goals
- Control business processes
The estimated total program cost for the two-year Business Management program is
approximately $8,750. This program is eligible for financial aid. View more information on
program and costs.