Farm Business and Production Management
30-090-1 Technical Diploma (six-year)
Campus: Ashland, New Richmond, Rice Lake
Management. Competition. Change.
Today's successful farmer must keep up with the changes and improvements in
the farming industry to remain competitive. The Farm Business and Production
Management technical diploma will give students both classroom and on-the-farm
instruction. The program consists of six courses taught over a six-year period. WITC accepts new enrollments into the program each year beginning July 1.
Tuition assistance is available through the state of Wisconsin.
Students in this program must:
- Complete application form
Skilled. Responsible. Adaptable.
Students should strive to reach a comfort level in
the following courses or skills:
- Biology/General Science
Key to the student's success in the program is the ability to detect farm
business needs based on a variety of conditions.
Students in this program should be able to:
- Apply concepts and skills
- Tolerate dust
- Stand, crouch, kneel, and move around easily
Farm Business and Production Management graduates will be able to:
- Utilize agronomic resources for optimal farm production
- Evaluate livestock management plans
- Plan for operation and maintenance of farm facilities and equipment
- Create farm business plans
- Apply marketing principles to agricultural enterprises
View more information on
program and costs.