Campus: Ashland, New Richmond, Rice Lake, Superior
Financial Aid Eligible
Investments. Finance. Leadership.
The Financial Services program will prepare the student for employment in several
business careers. With an emphasis on finance, the student will be ready for a
career in business management, banking, corporate finance, investments,
insurance, and real estate. Additional skill areas include technology,
computers, and basic marketing. In addition, the two-year associate degree will
allow the student to transfer credits to UW System schools or private colleges.
Students in this program must:
- Complete application form and submit with fee (fee waiver may apply if
- Complete Accuplacer entrance assessment to determine placement (waiver
may apply with acceptable alternative test scores and/or postsecondary
- Complete admissions interview with a WITC counselor (above requirements
should be completed prior to interview)
Innovative. Competitive. Team Player.
Students should strive to reach a comfort level in the
following courses or skills:
- Spreadsheets/Word Processing
- Basic grammar
The student's success in this program depends on their willingness to be
innovative, make team decisions, and take risks. The student must also enjoy
working with numbers and computers.
Financial Services students should be able to:
- Work with people and ideas in a team setting
- Work with numbers and charts
- Perform in a competitive environment
- Use various computer applications
- Prepare written reports and oral presentations
Employers will expect Financial Services graduates to be able to:
- Utilize business software, the Internet, and computer applications to
make financial decisions, spreadsheets, reports, and presentations
- Apply accounting principles including financial statement preparation
- Perform financial calculations and present value analysis
- Apply principles of banking
- Demonstrate knowledge of major lines of insurance
- Utilize investment and real estate fundamentals
The estimated total program cost for the two-year Financial Services program is $9,825
(does not include books). This program is eligible for financial aid. View more information on
program and costs.