Individualized Technical Studies
10-825-1 Associate Degree
Financial Aid Eligible
Campus: Ashland, New Richmond, Rice Lake, Superior
Individualized. Unique. Specialized.
The associate degree in Individualized Technical Studies is designed for students who are looking for a specialized course of instruction that is not available in existing programs. The program allows you to combine courses from two or more major areas of study into a unique associate degree. You will be required to complete a program plan with WITC career counseling staff and identify your career objectives and the courses that will help you meet those objectives.
Students in this program must:
- Complete application form and submit with fee (fee waiver may apply if previously submitted)
- Complete Accuplacer entrance assessment to determine placement (waiver may apply with acceptable alternative test scores and/or postsecondary degree completion)
- Complete admissions meeting with a WITC counselor (above requirements should be completed prior to meeting)
Action Plan. Team Player. Goal-oriented.
Students should strive to reach a comfort level in the following courses or skills:
- High school diploma or GED
- Work Experience
Student ProfileThe Individualized Technical Studies option is designed for students who:
- Are currently employed
- Are able to explain a specific career objective
- Would benefit from combining courses from two or more major areas
- Are seeking academic credit for work and/or other experience related to a career goal
Program OutcomesThis unique degree will:
- Provide direction to the student in pursuit of specific occupational outcomes
- Allow you to meet individual career goals which cannot be achieved through enrollment in any single instructional program currently available at the college
- Meet the needs of students who want to pursue an Associate of Applied Science Degree on either a full- or part-time basis
- Help identify new and emerging occupations for new or modified programs
This program is eligible for financial aid. View more information on program and costs.