Industrial Maintenance Technician
32-462-1 Technical Diploma (two-year)
Financial Aid Eligible
Broad-based. Industrial. Maintenance.
The Industrial Maintenance Technician program will give the student practical "hands-on" experience in welding, hydraulics, electricity, mechanical maintenance, maintenance machining, and PLC (programmable logic controller) equipment maintenance. Opportunities for advancement increase with further education.
Students in this program must:
- Complete application form and submit with fee (fee waiver may apply if previously submitted)
- Complete Accuplacer entrance assessment to determine placement (waiver may apply with acceptable alternative test scores and/or postsecondary degree completion)
- Review and sign Functional Abilities Disclosure
- Complete admissions meeting with a WITC counselor (above requirements should be completed prior to interview)
Program OutcomesEmployers will expect Industrial Maintenance Technician graduates to be able to:
- Demonstrate safe work procedures
- Install industrial equipment and systems
- Maintain industrial equipment and systems
- Troubleshoot industrial equipment and systems
- Repair industrial equipment and systems
- Communicate technical information
The estimated total program cost for the two-year Industrial Maintenance Technician program is $9,961 (does not include books, tools, supplies, or uniforms). This program is eligible for financial aid. View more information on program and costs.