Machine Tooling Technics
|32-420-5 Technical Diploma (two-year)
Campus: New Richmond
Computerized. Industry. Evolution.
The Machine Tooling Technics program emphasizes mold and toolmaking for the
plastic injection molding industry including using computerized machining
equipment. Basic machining skills are covered along with math and print reading.
You will gain skills in precision measurement, metallurgical processes, in-depth
programming, operation of CNC milling machines and lathes, shop and theory
courses in toolmaking, and CAD/CAM operation.
Students in this program must:
- Complete application form and submit with fee (fee waiver may apply if
- Complete Accuplacer entrance assessment to determine placement (waiver
may apply with acceptable alternative test scores and/or postsecondary
- Complete admissions interview with a WITC counselor (above requirements
should be completed prior to interview)
Detailed. Problem Solver. Visual.
should strive to reach a comfort level in the following courses or skills:
- General Metals/Welding/Woodworking
- Machine Shop
- Print Reading
Find out what the Machine Tooling Technics program
can help you do
in the Career Impact article,
your father's manufacturing technology.
Demand high for employees in manufacturing
Machine Tooling Technics students should be able to:
- Solve math problems
- Visualize shapes and forms
- Be detail oriented and take criticism
- Enjoy doing mechanical work
- Lift 75 pounds
- Assume responsibility
- Follow procedures carefully
- Manage their time
- Work well with others and under supervision
Employers will expect Machine Tooling Technics graduates to be able to:
- Apply basic safety practices in the machine shop
- Interpret industrial/engineering drawings
- Apply precision measuring methods to part inspection
- Perform basic machine tool equipment set up and operation
- Perform programming, set up, and operation of CNC machine tools
- Perform advanced tool, die, and mold operations
The estimated total program cost for the two-year Machine Tooling Technics program is
approximately $8,500. This program is eligible for financial aid. View more information on
program and costs.