|31-509-1 Technical Diploma (one-year)
Campus: Ashland, New Richmond, Rice Lake, Superior
Versatile. Detail-oriented. Professional.
Are you looking for a degree in healthcare that gives you flexible career
options? As a program graduate, you will perform clinical procedures, lab tests,
keyboarding, and develop the office skills you will need for employment in a
physician's office or clinic. The
curriculum includes a six-week clinical office practicum. The program is
accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education
Students in this program must:
- Complete application form and submit with fee (fee waiver may apply if
- Complete Accuplacer entrance assessment to determine placement (waiver
may apply with acceptable alternative test scores and/or postsecondary
- Have earned a high school diploma or GED certificate; current high
school seniors must provide documentation upon graduation
- Submit signed
Caregiver Background Check Statement of Understanding
- Demonstrate keyboarding skills of 25 words per minute
- Review and sign the
Functional Abilities Statement of Understanding
- Complete admissions interview with a WITC counselor (above requirements
should be completed prior to interview)
To be a student in the Medical Assistant program, you must:
- Have an acceptable Wisconsin Caregiver Background Check, National
Criminal Background Check, Minnesota Caregiver Background Check (if
applicable), and other states as applicable
- Pass a physical exam, have current immunizations, and demonstrate
negative status for tuberculosis (Tb)
- Possess current certification of First Aid and "CPR for Healthcare Providers"
- Review and sign Allied Health Division Confidentiality Statement
- Review and sign Acknowledgement of Risks/Acceptance of Responsibility
Agreement and Release
Dependable. Ethical. Customer Focused.
Successful graduates have certain characteristics and skills that help them
succeed in the field. As you prepare for your career, you should strive to
reach a comfort level in the following courses or skills:
- Biology and General Science
- Office Machines
Graduates of the program will be able to:
- Perform medical office administrative functions
- Provide patient care in accordance with regulations, policies, laws, and
- Perform medical laboratory procedures
- Demonstrate professionalism in a healthcare setting
- Demonstrate safety and emergency practices in a healthcare setting
Graduates of the program are eligible to sit for the Certified Medical Assistant examination.
The estimated total program cost for the one-year Medical Assistant program
is approximately $4,500. This program is eligible for financial aid. View
more information on program and costs.
Accredited. Reputable. Nationally Recognized.
WITC's Medical Assistant program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied
Health Education Programs (CAAHEP),
upon the recommendation of the Medical Assisting Education Review Board (MAERB).
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education
1361 Park Street
Clearwater, FL 33756