Health Office Professional
31-160-1 Technical Diploma (one-year)
Campus: Ashland, New Richmond, Rice Lake, Superior, Online
Financial Aid Eligible
Competence. Attitude. Life Skills.
This technical diploma combines medical office skills with computer skills to
prepare graduates of the program for employment on the administrative side of
healthcare working in physician’s offices, clinics, hospitals, nursing homes,
and other health organizations. Simulated on-the-job training helps you apply
what you have learned in the medical office environment.
Career Pathway Options
Career Pathways connect progressive levels of coursework to
allow students to build upon their education. Each step in the pathway connects
with employment options and provides the opportunity for advancement to higher
levels. Health Office Professional is a pathway option in the following program:
Students in this program must:
- Complete application form and submit with fee (fee waiver may apply if
- Complete Accuplacer entrance assessment to determine placement (waiver
may apply with acceptable alternative test scores and/or postsecondary
- Complete admissions meeting with a WITC counselor (above requirements
should be completed prior to meeting)
Empathetic. Flexible. Personable.
should strive to reach a comfort level in the following courses or skills:
- Computer Applications
Key to your success in this program is attention to detail and effective
human relations skills.
Health Office Professional students should be able to:
- Follow instructions quickly and accurately
- Express ideas in oral and written form
- Keep records and prepare reports
- Deal tactfully and confidentially with patients
Employers will expect graduates of the program to be able to:
- Perform medical administrative procedures including registration,
reception, scheduling, and other general office management tasks
- Efficiently and accurately use computer application software and medical
terminology to prepare and maintain medical documents
- Communicate professionally, maintaining confidentiality and high ethical
- Manage and maintain charts and financial records
The estimated total program cost for the one-year Health Office Professional
is $4,921 (does not include books). This program is eligible for financial aid. View more information on
program and costs.