Motorcycle, Marine, and Outdoor Power Products Technician
|31-461-2 Technical Diploma (one-year)
Offered at New Richmond
|Catalog Page ( pdf )|
Service. Technique. Quality Performance.
The Motorcycle, Marine, and Outdoor Power Products Technician program will prepare the student to troubleshoot, service, and repair recreational equipment. Theories of construction and operation of two- and four-cycle engines, new developments in environmental concerns, and engine overhaul are studied, as well as transmissions and chassis service techniques.
When it comes to hands-on learning, there's nothing like having a hot yellow motorcycle with flames as part of the curriculum. That's exactly what awaits students in the Motorcycle, Marine, and Outdoor Power Products program at WITC. Read more.
Students in this program must:
- Complete application form and submit with fee (fee waiver may apply if previously submitted)
- Complete Accuplacer entrance assessment to determine placement (waiver may apply with acceptable alternative test scores and/or postsecondary degree completion)
- Review and sign the Functional Ability Statement of Understanding
- Complete admissions interview with a WITC counselor (above requirements should be completed prior to interview)
Mechanical. Skilled. Customer Focused.
Successful graduates have certain characteristics and skills that help them succeed in the field. As you prepare for your career, you should strive to reach a comfort level in the following courses or skills:
- Automobile Mechanics
- Small Engine Repair
- Computer knowledge
This program will give you extensive amounts of time to work in our modern, well-equipped shop.
Program OutcomesEmployers will expect you, as a Motorcycle, Marine, and Outdoor Power Products graduate, to be able to:
- Repair brake systems
- Repair 2-stroke engine
- Repair 4-stroke engines
- Repair drive lines
- Repair electrical systems
- Repair suspensions
- Repair fuel systems
- Repair hydraulic systems
- Develop a customer work order
The estimated total program cost for the one-year Motorcycle, Marine, and Outdoor Power Products program is approximately $5,750. This program is eligible for financial aid. View more information on program and costs.