5/2015 - WITC’s process of graduating the students’ records may take up to 15 business days AFTER graduation to complete. The (OTACPE) Occupational Therapy Assistant Certificate of Professional Education form (Statements of Graduation) will be mailed to the WI Dept. of Safety & Professional Services (DSPS) as soon as possible. Please check back the week of June 1 for further updates. If you have questions or concerns, please contact Lisa Hall @ email@example.com or 800/243-9482 x2221.
If you are graduating from the OTA program, this page is for you!
WITC’s process of graduating the students’ records may take up to 15 business days AFTER graduation to complete. The (OTACPE) Occupational Therapy Assistant Certificate of Professional Education form (Statements of Graduation) will NOT be mailed to the WI Dept. of Safety & Professional Services (DSPS) until all campuses report the students’ records have been completed and a report is run to confirm. DSPS requires an additional 15-20 business days to process the forms.
In order to give WITC and DSPS time to process all the paperwork, WITC will only respond to inquiries regarding the process 6 weeks after graduation. Updates will be posted on the web as they occur.
1. Complete the WITC Intent to Graduate form & pay the $35 graduation fee
to Student Services
2. Ensure all of your WITC accounts are paid and that you do not owe money to WITC
3. Ensure ALL required courses have been completed with a “C” or better, and/or prior credit for learning/advance standing has been processed
4. Begin NBCOT application process
5. Begin appropriate state licensure/credentialing process
6. Attend required OT Practice and Management (10-514-185) class on campus in May
All transcript requests must be made online and sent directly to NBCOT by WITC:NBCOT
Three weeks after graduation, please check this page for updated information as to when the statements of graduation are submitted to and received by Wisconsin DSPS.
This web page and your student email will be the only notifications you will receive from us.
PROGRAM DIRECTOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Collect all OTACPEs from students and send
with roster in 1 packet to Allied Health Technician for completion, signature,
and submission to the DSPS
2. Make note of any student who is missing OTACPE and reason
3. Add a statement in Blackboard or email reiterating where students can find graduation process and forms on the website
Click here for Application and Statement of Graduation information.