Technical Studies - Journeyworker
10-499-5 Associate Degree
Financial Aid Eligible
Campus: Ashland, New Richmond, Rice Lake, Superior
Apprentice. Unique. Specialized.
The apprenticeship associate degree in Technical Studies - Journeyworker is designed for students who are looking for a specialized course of instruction which is not available in existing programs. The program allows the student to receive advanced standing credit for previous apprenticeship work and then create a unique associate degree. Students will be required to complete a program plan with the apprenticeship dean and identify their career objectives and the courses that will help them meet those objectives.
Students in this program must:
- Complete application form and submit with fee (fee waiver may apply if previously submitted)
- Complete Accuplacer entrance assessment to determine placement (waiver may apply with acceptable alternative test scores and/or postsecondary degree completion)
- Complete admissions meeting with a WITC counselor (above requirements should be completed prior to interview)
Work Experience. Action Plan. Team Player.
Students should strive to reach a comfort level in the following courses or skills:
- High school diploma or GED
- Work experience
Student ProfileThe technical studies option is designed for students who have:
- Journey-Level certification from an apprenticeship program
- 400 hours of related instruction in the Wisconsin Technical College System
Program OutcomesThis unique degree will:
- Provide direction to the student in pursuit of specific occupational outcomes
- Allow the student to meet individual career goals which cannot be achieved through enrollment in any single instructional program currently available at the college
- Meet the needs of students who want to pursue an Associate of Applied Science Degree on either a full- or part-time basis
- Help identify new and emerging occupations for new or modified programs
This program is eligible for financial aid. View more information on program and costs.