- Obtain application from links to forms below or contact the Bureau of Apprenticeship Standards (see address and phone below).
- When you have found an employer/sponsor, contact the Bureau of Apprenticeship Standards - address and phone number
FormsClick on the links below for more information or to download and print an application or call the Bureau of Apprenticeship Standards (see below).
Contact for Bureau of
620 W Clairemont Avenue
Eau Claire WI 54701
WITC Rice Lake
Randy Deli, Academic Dean
715.234.7082, ext. 5113
715.234.7082, ext. 5289
Carol Goodale and Jolie Losey/Cosmetology Instructors
1900 College Drive
Rice Lake, WI 54868
Apprenticeship InformationWork Description:
Wisconsin Laws and Rules
Safety and Sanitation
Theory of Hair Cutting, Styling, Coloring, Permanent Waving,
Chemical Relaxing, Manicuring and Artificial Nails,
Facials, Applied Communications.
Generally work in clean, pleasant salons with good lighting and
ventilation. This occupation also requires strong
interpersonal communication skills and standing for long periods.
Work hours usually include evenings and weekends.
- Age 18 years, high school diploma or GED
- Physically capable of performing the trade.
- Possess valid driver's license or means of transportation.
- Recommended high school courses: general math, English,
chemistry, science, biology, and accounting.
Terms of Apprenticeship:
After completing the program, apprentices must pass the state test to be
licensed as a practitioner.
- Two year training program
- 3,712 hours on-the-job training
- 288 hours paid related instruction