WITC College Catalog - Browser Support
The WITC College Catalog is now available in a clickable,
bookmarked, easy-to-use PDF format. We recommend you have Adobe
Reader installed on your PC, laptop, or electronic device. For
complete installation information, visit
Adobe.com or begin install by clicking the "Get Adobe Reader"
Some browsers include their own PDF viewers and ignore our catalog's table of
contents functionality. The following steps will assist
you in enabling that functionality.
To make Adobe Reader your reader of choice (default):
- Open Adobe Reader from your programs or by using the desktop icon.
- Choose "Edit/Preferences" and then select "General" from the left category
- In the "General category" click the "Select Default PDF Handler" button
located at the bottom under the "Application Startup" options.
- Clicking the "Select Default PDF Handler" provides a drop-down list with
"Adobe Reader XI (11.0.03) or any other PDF reader versions that may be installed on
your system. Choose the Adobe Reader option.
- Click Apply
- Adobe Reader should now be your default PDF viewer.
- Click the Tools gear
in the upper right corner of your
browser and choose "Manage add-ons."
- In the list of "Add-on Types" on the left, click on "Toolbars
and Extensions" and look for Adobe Systems, Incorporated listings and check to
see if all Adobe items are in "Enabled" status."
- If any appear as "Disabled", you can "Enable" by clicking on the
item and then click on the "Enable" button that will then appear.
- Click on the Close button when you have enabled all add-ons
needed to use the Adobe PDF Reader successfully.
When opening the WITC College Catalog in Firefox you may
receive a warning at the top of the screen that states the following: "This
PDF document might not be displayed correctly."
You will also see a button on the right that states "Open With
Different Viewer." Click on that button to change your preferred viewer to Open
with Adobe Acrobat (default) and also check the "do this automatically for files
like this from now on checkbox."
- Click OK.
- When you open the WITC College Catalog in Google Chrome you
will not see the bookmarked list of pages you should see when viewing the
- Look in the browser address bar at the far right and if you have
Adobe Reader installed you will see a small PDF icon.
- Click on the icon
and click on the Open in Adobe Reader link to convert to the proper reading
- The Bookmarks should be visible now in the left of your browser window.
If you have additional questions or need additional assistance, please contact the web team