From submitting your application to admission to registration, WITC is available to help guide you through the admissions process. To help you successfully complete this program, WITC has developed a set of program requirements and functional ability criteria. For students with a disability, reasonable accommodations are available to help you be successful in the program of your choice.
The first step to get admitted is to fill out a WITC application, and WITC will guide you from there. If you're not quite ready to become a student, visit a campus to get the full WITC experience. A campus tour will give you the opportunity to meet staff, instructors and students, tour the campus and get a real feel for the campus culture.
- Complete application form and submit with fee (fee waiver may apply if previously submitted)
- Have earned a high school diploma or GED certificate; current high school seniors must provide both a current high school transcript and a final transcript with confer date
- Review and sign Background Check Disclosure
- Review and sign Functional Abilities Disclosure
- Complete admissions meeting with a WITC counselor (academic admission requirements apply)
- Submit Background Check fee
- Have an acceptable Wisconsin Caregiver Background Check, National Criminal Background Check, Minnesota Caregiver Background Check (if applicable), and another state, if applicable
- Pass a physical exam, have current immunizations and demonstrate negative status for tuberculosis (Tb)
- Possess current certification of “CPR for Healthcare Providers” or equivalent
- Review and sign Nursing and Allied Health Division Confidentiality Statement
- Attend a mandatory program orientation session
2018-2019 Dental Assistant Student Handbook
- Program Information
- A1 College Mission, Vision, Values & Tenets
- A2 DA Information Sheet
- A3 Curriculum Checklist
- A4 Course Description
- A5 Program Assessment Plan-Goals
- A6 Program Outcomes
- A7 Program Prerequisites and Progression
- A8 Performance-Based Instruction
- A9 DA Graduation Requirements
- A10 Accreditation-DANB Certification
- Program Policies
- B1 Background Checks
- B2 CPR Requirements
- B3 Confidentiality-HIPAA
- B4 Student Responsibilities
- B5 DA Code of Conduct and Academic Dishonesty
- B6 Academic Requirements
- B7 Course Expectations for Assignments
- B8 Attendance Requirements and Absences
- B9 Proctoring Exams
- B10 Computer Information
- B11 Email Utilization
- B12 Communications Policies
- B13 Verifying Course Competency
- B14 Transfer of Course Credits Taken Outside of WITC
- B15 Grading Policy
- B16 Withdrawal from DA Courses
- B17 Failing Grades
- B18 Grade Appeal Procedure
- B19 Fail Course Repeat Policy
- B20 Dismissal Policy
- B21 DA Reentry into Program
- B22 Complaints Concerning DA Program
- Health Risk Information
- Learning Resources
Dental Assistant Orientation-Fall 2018
DA Student Checklist Print this to do list.
2018-19 DA Curriculum Checklist Curriculum Checklists are to be used as a guide. Although your academic advisor can provide guidance, you are ultimately responsible for selecting courses that meet a program's graduation requirements.
- Background Checks
The clinical agencies that host the WITC DA students for clinical courses have significantly increased their demands for background check scrutiny over the past several years. We want to ensure students understand, prior to the start of the program, that if there are no clinical agencies that will accept the student based on the background check history, the student must be excused from the DA program, regardless of the student's academic standing. This is explained in further detail in the Background Check Disclosure form listed above, under Admission Requirements.
In addition to that, if you are a student who will complete a clinical rotation in Minnesota, you will also be required to complete a Minnesota Caregiver Background Check. Your Program Instructor/Advisor will inform you if a Minnesota background check is needed.
- The MN Dept. of Health Services NETStudy 2.0 background study requires all persons who provide services to children and vulnerable adults to be fingerprinted and photographed.
- Students will be required to provide WITC a copy of an Acceptable Form of ID for DHS Background studies, the completed MN DHS Data Worksheet and $20.
- WITC staff will verify the information provided, and enter it into the MN DHS website, which will generate the Background Study Fingerprint & Photo Authorization document that is sent to the student. Students MUST present the authorization document and same form of ID to be fingerprinted and photographed. Students will be reuquired to pay the $9.10 fee at the fingerprint and photo location.
- Within 14 calendar days of receiving the Background Study Fingerprint and Photo Authorization document, students must be fingerprinted and photographed. If not completed within 14 calendar days, the above process and fee payment will need to be repeated.
- Background Study Notice of Privacy Practices
1. Print Forms
2. Each form will indicate a due date and to whom the paperwork should be sent
- Health Form and Directions
- Health Form and Directions
1. Print directions and forms
2. Read Hepatitis B information
3. Complete health information and immunization pages of the form
4. Take form and directions to your physical exam appointment
5. Be sure the physical exam page gets signed and stamped
6. Submit during the first semester per instructor's deadline
- Health Form and Directions
- DA Uniforms
Your ID Name Badge can be ordered through your local campus.
You may order from the uniform vendor of your choice, but you must have the items listed.
- Complete and Give to Instructor
- DA Functional Abilities Disclosure - See the form listed above, under Admission Requirements. Read the functions and initial/sign the last page as described. Submit to instructor by designated due date
- Confidentiality Statement
- Computer Skills Checklist
- Student Information Sheet
- CPR Requirements
- Dental Office Visit Record
- Orientation Survey
- DA Program Permission Form
- Dental Assistant FAQs
- 2018-19 DA Program Cost Sheet
- 2018-19 DA Textlist
- DA Dress Code
- Insurance Information
- ADAA Membership The WITC Dental Assistant program recommends all students become members of the American Dental Assistants Association (ADAA).
- Student Biographical Change Request Please print and use this form if you change your name, address or phone number(s). You should submit it to your local Student Services to be certain that the changes are entered in the main computer system.