From submitting your application to admission to registration, WITC is available to help guide you through the admissions process. To help you successfully complete this program, WITC has developed a set of program requirements and functional ability criteria. For students with a disability, reasonable accommodations are available to help you be successful in the program of your choice.
The first step to get admitted is to fill out a WITC application, and WITC will guide you from there. If you're not quite ready to become a student, visit a campus to get the full WITC experience. A campus tour will give you the opportunity to meet staff, instructors and students, tour the campus and get a real feel for the campus culture.
- Complete application form and submit with fee (fee waiver may apply if previously submitted)
- Review and sign Functional Abilities Disclosure
- Review and sign Background Check Disclosure
- Complete admissions meeting with a WITC counselor
Students in this program must:
- Submit required Background Check information and fee
- Have an acceptable Wisconsin Caregiver Background Check and/or Minnesota Caregiver Background Check, as applicable
- Information from the Caregiver Background Check may affect ability to secure fieldwork placement and the ability to find employment after graduation
- Complete Staff Health Report - Child Care Provider form (physical form)