From submitting your application to admission to registration, WITC is available to help guide you through the admissions process. To help you successfully complete this program, WITC has developed a set of program requirements and functional ability criteria. For students with a disability, reasonable accommodations are available to help you be successful in the program of your choice.
- Complete application process
- Be at least 17 years old
- Attend a mandatory program orientation session scheduled prior to start of class
- Pay fee and have acceptable results based on the Wisconsin Criminal History Record Check, Wisconsin Caregiver Background Check, Minnesota Caregiver Background Check (if applicable), and/or other states, if applicable
- Information from the Caregiver Background Check may affect ability to obtain Training Permist from the State of Wisconsin
- Provide current immunization history, and demonstrate negative status for tuberculosis (Tb)
- Review and sign Background Check Disclosure
- Review and sign Functional Abilities Disclosure
- Submit a copy of the appropriate Wisconsin (or other state(s)) DOT Driving Abstract if you have any violations/suspension/revocation
- Submit Background Information Disclosure (BID) Statement
- Review and sign EMT - Paramedic Confidentiality Statement of Understanding Form
If using Macintosh or Linux based computers, coursework must be submitted using your Office365 tools provided with your WITC email account. It is important to verify with your Program Faculty if non-Windows based computers are acceptable in the program.