From submitting your application to admission to registration, WITC is available to help guide you through the admissions process. To help you successfully complete this program, WITC has developed a set of program requirements and functional ability criteria. For students with a disability, reasonable accommodations are available to help you be successful in the program of your choice.
The first step to get admitted is to fill out a WITC application, and WITC will guide you from there. If you're not quite ready to become a student, visit a campus to get the full WITC experience. A campus tour will give you the opportunity to meet staff, instructors and students, tour the campus and get a real feel for the campus culture.
- Complete application form and submit with fee (fee waiver may apply if previously submitted)
- Review and sign Background Check Disclosure
- Complete admissions meeting with a WITC counselor
- Complete and sign Background Information Disclosure Form (BID)
- Submit Background Check fee
- Have an acceptable Wisconsin Caregiver Background Check, and/or Minnesota Caregiver Background Check (if applicable), and other states, if applicable
- Information from the Caregiver Background Check may affect ability to secure placement for the Medical Externship course and ability to find employment after graduation
- Have current immunizations
If using Macintosh or Linux based computers, coursework must be submitted using your Office365 tools provided with your WITC email account. It is important to verify with your Program Faculty if non-Windows based computers are acceptable in the program.