From submitting your application to admission to registration, WITC is available to help guide you through the admissions process. To help you successfully complete this certificate, WITC has developed a set of requirements and functional ability criteria. For students with a disability, reasonable accommodations are available to help you be successful in the program of your choice.
The first step to get admitted is to fill out a WITC application, and WITC will guide you from there. If you're not quite ready to become a student, visit a campus to get the full WITC experience. A campus tour will give you the opportunity to meet staff, instructors and students, tour the campus and get a real feel for the campus culture.
Be at least 16 years old
Complete application process
Review and sign Background Check Disclosure
Submit Background Check fee
Have an acceptable Wisconsin Caregiver Background Check
Attend a mandatory orientation session scheduled prior to start of class
Review and sign Functional Abilities Disclosure
How to Apply
The Nursing Assistant program offers the opportunity to work in a healthcare setting as a certified nursing assistant (CNA) and is also a prerequisite to the WITC Associate Degree Nursing program. Because the Nursing Assistant program is approved by the State of Wisconsin’s Department of Health Services, the application process has very specific requirements for entry into our program.
Please contact your local Student Services office to apply or for a detailed information packet.
Nursing Assistant - Limited Term Orientation 2020-21
All Nursing Assistant - Limited Term students are required to attend a program orientation scheduled approximately two weeks prior to start of class. Detailed information will be provided prior to the scheduled orientation date.
- Read, complete and provide at the program orientation:
- Functional Abilities Disclosure - listed above under Admission Requirements. Read the functions and initial/sign the last page as described. This will be discussed in further detail at the program orientation.
- Wisconsin Caregiver Background Check Disclosure - listed above under Admission Requirements. Read the disclosure and sign the 2nd page. This will be discussed in further detail at the program orientation. Information from the Caregiver Background Check may affect your ability to find employment after graduation. All Nursing Assistant students are required to complete a Wisconsin Caregiver Background Check and it must be completed within 90 days of the start of the program.
- Confidentiality Statement - all Nursing and Allied Health students are required to sign this document.
- Student Identification Information Form - all Nursing Assistant students are required to complete this document.
- NA - Limited Term Certificate Checklist - required prior to 1st day of class:
If using Macintosh or Linux based computers, coursework must be submitted using your Office365 tools provided with your WITC email account. It is important to verify with your Program Faculty if non-Windows based computers are acceptable in the program.