From submitting your application to admission to registration, WITC is available to help guide you through the admissions process. To help you successfully complete this program, WITC has developed a set of program requirements and functional ability criteria. For students with a disability, reasonable accommodations are available to help you be successful in the program of your choice.
The first step to get admitted is to fill out a WITC application, and WITC will guide you from there. If you're not quite ready to become a student, visit a campus to get the full WITC experience. A campus tour will give you the opportunity to meet staff, instructors and students, tour the campus and get a real feel for the campus culture.
Complete application form and submit with a fee (fee waiver may apply if previously submitted)
Have earned a high school diploma or GED certificate; current high school seniors must provide documentation upon graduation
Provide proof of current Wisconsin licensure with a completed EMT Proof of Licensure and Statement of Understanding Form
Review and sign Background Check Disclosure
Review and sign Functional Abilities Disclosure
Complete admissions meeting with a WITC counselor
- Attend a mandatory program orientation session
- Pass a physical exam, have current immunizations, and demonstrate negative status for tuberculosis (Tb)
- Pay fee and have acceptable results based on the Wisconsin Criminal History Record Check, Wisconsin Caregiver Background Check, Minnesota Caregiver Background Check (if applicable), and/or other states if applicable
- Submit a copy of the appropriate Wisconsin (or other state(s)) DOT Driving Abstract if you have any violations/suspension/revocation
- Submit signed Syllabi Form, Background Information Disclosure (BID) Statement, and a Student ID Form