From submitting your application to admission to registration, WITC is available to help guide you through the admissions process. To help you successfully complete this program, WITC has developed a set of program requirements and functional ability criteria. For students with a disability, reasonable accommodations are available to help you be successful in the program of your choice.
The first step to get admitted is to fill out a WITC application, and WITC will guide you from there. If you're not quite ready to become a student, visit a campus to get the full WITC experience. A campus tour will give you the opportunity to meet staff, instructors and students, tour the campus and get a real feel for the campus culture.
- Complete application form and submit with fee (fee waiver may apply if previously submitted)
- Have earned a high school diploma or GED certificate; current high school seniors must provide both a current high school transcript and a final transcript with confer date
- Review and sign Background Check Disclosure
- Review and sign Functional Abilities Disclosure
- Complete admissions meeting with a WITC counselor (academic admission requirements apply)
- Submit Background Check fee
- Have an acceptable Wisconsin Caregiver Background Check, National Criminal Background Check, Minnesota Caregiver Background Check (if applicable) and other states, if applicable. Background check may affect ability to secure internship placement and the ability to find employment after graduation
- Complete and submit Veterinary Technician Job Shadow Form documenting an eight-hour volunteer shadowing experience in an approved clinical setting prior to registering for Veterinary Technician core coursework
- Attend a mandatory program orientation session