Technical Requirements - Courses and Programs
Student Technology Recommendations
The computer hardware, software, and the Internet connection that are used for accessing coursework are the primary means of participating in online courses and collaborating with your instructor and fellow students and therefore are significant contributors to academic success in your online course and/or program at Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College. It is essential that you own or have ready access to a computer that meets the following minimum specifications. Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College is primarily Windows PC-based and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel). If using Macintosh or Linux based computers, coursework must be submitted using your Office365 tools provided with your WITC email account.
- Minimum 2GHz processor
- 4 GB memory (8GB preferred)
- High-speed Internet connection, especially if enrolled in online courses
- A web camera and microphone/headset may be required for online courses
High Speed Internet Access
- A high-speed Internet connection with minimum speed of 4 MB or better.
- Click here to test your Internet speed. https://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/
- Your download speed should be 4 Mbps or higher, anything lower, may cause slowness.
- The use of satellite and cellular connections may result in slowness or errors (timeouts or access problems) when accessing the classroom and course materials.
- IMPORTANT! Taking online exams requires a reliable high-speed Internet connection.
- Video conference applications require solid high-speed Internet connectivity to take advantage of full video and application sharing.
- Microsoft Office365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is provided through WITC student email.
- Some online classes/programs may require additional specific software, please contact your instructor.
Supported Operating Systems
- Microsoft® Windows 7, 8 and 10
Blackboard Supported Browsers
Office365 – Your College Email
- https://mycampus.witc.edu/ Once signed in, find the link to your email.