We're here to help!
If you are a veteran or a child or spouse of a veteran, WITC will help you navigate the college experience each step of the way.
How can WITC help you?
Support for students can include:
- Applying for benefits
- Navigating the college experience
- Providing academic and non-academic support
- Complete the admissions process - Veterans apply for free!
- Submit official transcripts (including military and previous college transcripts)
- Your military training may count for credit toward your degree
- Request an official transcript from all other colleges you have attended
- *If you plan on transferring credits, unofficial transcripts are accepted for veteran benefits
- Apply for financial benefits
- You might be eligible for both veteran and federal benefits
- Complete your FAFSA at fafsa.ed.gov
- If you have questions about your military education benefits, contact Kathryn Steffen, veteran certifying official–benefits
Services WITC Offers Veterans
- Military Friendly® School
- Veterans Activities
- Veteran Priority Registration
- TAACCCT Grant Participants
- Veteran Student Advocate available
Military References for New and Continuing Students
- State of Wisconsin Department of Veterans Affairs
- Transfer Guide: Understanding Your Military Transcript and ACE Credit Recommendations
- Military One Source
- Veterans Wisconsin Education Portal
- Wisconsin County Veterans Service Officer (CVSO)
- WITC Support and Community Resources