We're here to help!
If you are a veteran or a child or spouse of a veteran, WITC will help you navigate the college experience each step of the way.
WITC has a designated Veteran Student Advocate who is available to provide assistance in educational planning and career guidance for military-affiliated students.
How can WITC help you?
Support for students can include finding the right program fit, navigating the application and enrollment process, providing academic and non-academic support, and assisting in accessing benefits or obtaining credit for prior training and experience in the military.
WITC's veteran student advocate will also be the liaison to support you in conversations you have with your instructors or your unit.
- Complete the admissions process - Veterans apply for free!
- Submit official transcripts (including military and previous college transcripts)
- Your military training may count for credit toward your degree
- Request an official transcript from all other colleges you have attended
- *If you plan on transferring credits, unofficial transcripts are accepted for veteran benefits
- Apply for financial benefits
Services WITC Offers Veterans
- Military Friendly® School
- Veterans Activities
- Veteran Priority Registration
- TAACCCT Grant Participants
- Veteran Student Advocate available
Military References for New and Continuing Students
- State of Wisconsin Department of Veterans Affairs
- Transfer Guide: Understanding Your Military Transcript and ACE Credit Recommendations
- Military One Source
- Veterans Wisconsin Education Portal
- Wisconsin County Veterans Service Officer (CVSO)
- WITC Support and Community Resources