WITC will help you navigate the college experience each step of the way.
Stephanie Smith is WITC's veteran student advocate. She is available to provide assistance in educational planning and career guidance for military-affiliated students.
How can WITC help you?
Support for students can include finding the right program fit, navigating the application and enrollment process, providing academic and non-academic support, and assisting in accessing benefits or obtaining credit for prior training and experience in the military.
WITC's veteran student advocate will also be the liaison to support you in conversations you have with your instructors or your unit.
Learn more about the Military and Veteran benefits available to you:
If you have questions about applying for your veteran education benefits, please contact:
Services WITC Offers Veterans
- Military Friendly® School
- Veterans Club
- Veteran Priority Registration
- TAACCCT Grant Participants
- Veteran Student Advocate available
A Veteran's Start Guide to College
Steps to get Admitted
- Complete the three-step admissions process
- The first step is to apply, and WITC will guide you from there.
- Submit all (including military) transcripts
- Your military training may count for credit toward your degree
- Request an official transcript from all other colleges you have attended
- Apply for Veteran Education benefits
- Visit www.vets.gov to apply for your education benefits
- Apply for federal financial aid (FAFSA)
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid online at www.fafsa.gov.