February 28, 2019
Career Exploration for High School Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors
Attend two career sessions of your choice
Get hands-on experience with WITC career programs
Interact with college instructors and students
Receive tuition incentive awards
Register with your high school guidance/student services office
2019 Career Day Sessions List
- Administrative Professional/Office Support & Graphics
- Have you ever thought about using your creative abilities to create brochures, posters or newsletters? The Administrative Professional and Office Support programs allow you to become skilled in desktop publishing, web design, graphics and Microsoft Office software. You will gain hands-on experience using tools like Web 2.0 applications, speech recognition and various messaging tools.
- Ag Power and Equipment Technician
- WITC-New Richmond instructors will showcase this program, covering skills working on tractors/machinery, diesel engines, hydraulics, electrical systems, transmissions and more.
- Architectural Commercial Design
- You'll learn about careers in architecture, how to best plan for college, and you'll do some hands-on activities where you'll familiarize yourself with a set of construction documents and modify a building using Revit.
- Associate Degree - Nursing
- Come and find out more about an exciting career as a nurse or nursing assistant. Current WITC nursing students will give you a hands-on glimpse of what it's like in nursing school, the knowledge and skills a nurse must possess and the many exciting career opportunities in nursing. In addition, you'll meet Sim Man, our life-sized human patient simulator to learn about what is required for CNA.
- Automotive Technician
- This program will train you in eight content areas including: engine repair, automotive transmission, manual drive train, suspension and steering, brakes, electrical/electronic systems, heating and air conditioning and engine perf.
- Broadband Internet Technician
- The future of Telecommunications is changing rapidly and always growing. The industry is looking for new technicians to monitor their networks .Wireless Tech, Fiber Optic Tech, High Speed Internet, IP Video Security, and Video over Internet are a few of the areas you’ll be trained in.
- Business Careers
- Interested in working in business but not sure which area? This is the session for you. Instructors in Accounting, Leadership Development, Human Resources, Business Management, Nonprofit leadership, Marketing, and Finance will provide you with overviews on their programs as well as have you participate in a fun, hands-on activity.
- CNC Machine Tool
- This program will prepare you to operate and setup machine tools for the machining industry. This session will emphasize computer-aided machining and programming.
- Construction and Cabinetmaking
- This two-year program trains you in building design, construction, print reading, estimating, cabinet design, etc. You will use hand and power tools for construction fabrication, to build a house and to assemble wood products.
- This program trains students in areas such as permanent waves, shampooing, hair coloring, cutting, styling, nail enhancements, facials and communication skills. This will allow you to work towards the WI requirement for your license.
- Criminal Justice
- This program will prepare you for a position as a police officer, correctional officer, or for positions in retail, commercial, industrial security, and private investigation agencies.
- Dairy Herd Management
- This will provide you with practical knowledge and hands-on experiences in operating a profitable/progressive dairy farm. Hands-on demos include: bacteria culturing of milk samples, antibiotic residue testing and particle separation of dairy feeds.
- Dental Assistant
- You'll be trained to work with dentists (with clinical and administrative procedures) as you examine and treat patients. You will also gain skills in a variety of laboratory, clinical and office duties. Duties may include: assisting the dentist, taking and developing x-rays, infection control, providing patients with instructions and teaching them about brushing and flossing.
- Early Childhood Education
- This program provides you with the practical theory and skills to work as a private preschool teacher, teacher’s aide, family childcare provider, etc. Course topics include: health, child development and curriculum development.
- Gerontology - Aging Services Professional
- The program is designed to meet the emerging and rapidly growing demand for service providers needed to work with the aging population. As a student, you will acquire comprehensive and interdisciplinary training to prepare them to work with older adults in a variety of positions and in diverse settings.
- Human Services Associate
- The HSA program will train you to provide information, support, care and advocacy in the human service agency. Potential careers include: case worker, Volunteer Coordinator, Youth Counselor, etc.
- Information Technology
- In this breakout, you will be exposed to careers in networking, cyber security, virtualization, hardware, software, troubleshooting and support of computer systems.
- Medical Administrative Professional
- Come and play bingo, win prizes and learn medical terminology! This interactive session gives you an overview of this career, classes included in the program, and an introduction to medical terminology using a word building system.
- Medical Assistant
- Are you looking for a career in healthcare that gives you flexible career options? This program teaches you how to perform clinical procedures, lab tests, keyboarding and develop the office skills needed for employment.
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- In this program, you will learn how to help people perform daily living skills using activities, adaptive equipment, therapeutic crafts and group dynamics.
- Paramedic/EMT and Fire Training
- If a career in public safety interests you, then plan to attend this session! You’ll learn about the exciting and fast-paced career opportunities within our region and communities.
- Pharmacy Technician
- Check out what the pharmacy technician program is all about! You will get a hands-on glimpse of the skills required for technicians to work in retail and hospital settings, along with an overview of the expanding roles of pharmacy technicians and the courses required for the program.
- Come check out the phlebotomy program and do some hands-on activities include pipetting and plating microbiology agar!
- Truck Driving
- There is a currently a high demand for entry level truck drivers in local and long distance employment. If becoming a professional truck driver (class A and B) is of interest, plan to attend this session!
- Utility Construction Technician
- Utility Construction Technician can lead to a variety of career options in the utility services industry. Utility contractors and public municipalities of all sizes need a skilled workforce that install and maintain various utility systems including fiber optics, copper communications, electric, water/sewer, oil and natural gas pipelines.
- This program will cover skills in areas such as fabrication, layout, print reading, welding symbols, math and welding codes.
- WITC 101: Campus Tour
- Overview of the programs offered at WITC including a campus tour.
- WITC 102: Next Steps - College
- Map your route for taking the steps from high school to college. Including everything from success strategies to credit for prior learning, this session will get you thinking about exciting changes to come.
- WITC 103: Paying for College
- Overview of Financial Aid, Workforce Resource and Scholarships.