1900 College Drive, Rice Lake, WI
The largest city in the county, Rice Lake has a small-town feel with the big-city benefits of commerce, manufacturing, health and education. This Wisconsin Northwoods area has something for everyone–great fishing, hiking, biking and ATVing, as well as shopping, dining, live theater and more.
The campus is centrally located in Rice Lake, yet it's just enough removed from the city to be nestled along the Red Cedar River. Found directly in WITC-Rice Lake’s backyard is the Cedar Side Walking Trail, which follows the Red Cedar River for 3.5 miles where eagles, deer and other wildlife visit regularly. Across from the parking lot is Rice Lake's 18-hole disc golfing course which brings you through meadows, forestry and along the Red Cedar River. The campus is centrally located to theaters, trails, restaurants and is just east of the Blue Hills, a rolling deciduous forest cut by streams.
Prospective students are welcomed from the moment they walk in the door, and as you walk down the halls, the friendly staff know you by name. Students have the opportunity to participate in clubs, such as Student Senate, CAB and program-specific clubs. CAB hosts regular activity hours that bring musicians, virtual reality tours and a wide-variety of things to do for WITC's student body.
Academics at Rice Lake
WITC-Rice Lake provides everything you need to succeed. The college provides programs that employers in the WITC district need, so you know there will be jobs available that are related to your field when you graduate. As a WITC-Rice Lake student, you'll have the option to live in the dorms at the nearby Glenwood Commons. WITC-Rice Lake offers opportunities to participate in extra-curricular activities and clubs.
WITC's Student Services will be there for you throughout your entire education for all your needs. You'll find:
- Academic Advisors who will assist you in accomplishing your goals
- An Educational Technology Center to provide on-the-ground technology support
- A Learning Resource Center to help you with all of your information resources you'll need for your classes
- A Student Success Center for academic support for achieving your GED/HSED, ELL, college admission and peer tutoring
- Accommodations for students to ensure that the educational environment is accessible to all students with disabilities
- Assistance with financial aid and scholarships, online learning, counseling and career planning, grades and transcripts, registration and more.