Continuing Education for Certified Medical Assistants
April 18, 2020
Saturday, 8 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Location: WITC-New Richmond, WITC-Superior (ITV)
Catalog number: 47-509-409
Class Number: 25304 (New Richmond), 25305 (Superior)
About the conference: This program is designed to enhance the learning of CMAs working in area health facilities providing new information on current trends in healthcare. Sponsored by WITC and NWAHEC. This conference is being offering in-person at Rice Lake and via ITV to Ashland.
- Human Trafficking: Is it Really in Our Community?
Rob Rorvick, Polk County Investigator, Sensitive Crimes Unit
- Define human trafficking and identify who is involved
- Describe how human trafficking occurs
- Determine how to communicate and offer resources
- Outbreak Coronavirus: Public Health Preparedness
Kyle Shafer, Public Health Emergency Preparedness Specialist, St. Croix Department of Health and Human Services
- Learn the current 2019 Coronavirus disease status: local, national and global views
- Understand the Public Health Emergency Plan (PHEP) and how it assists in communicable diseases
- Explore the national standards for Public Health Emergency Preparedness and Response Capabilities
- Simple Health
Dr. Kathleen Findlay, MD, MPH, Family and Integrative Medicine Physician, Western Wisconsin Health
- Understand best evidence recommendations for healthy nutrition
- Learn evidence-based activity recommendations
- Explore other factors for holistic health
- E-Cigarettes: What are They Really?
Mary Boe, BS-Health Educator, Polk County Health Department
- Understand the history and laws around e-cigarettes
- Gain insight into the health effects of e-cigarettes
- Explore cessation information for adults and youth
- Question, Persuade, Refer: Ask a Question, Save a Life
Kesha Marson, MSW, LCSW, Amery Behavioral Health Center
- Identify early warning signs and risk factors that may indicate suicide risk
- Question, persuade and refer someone who may be suicidal
- Reduce mental health stigma through open conversations
- Spinal Problems: How They Relate to General Health
Dr. Sherry Walker, B.S., D.C., Walker Chiropractic
- Understand how the spine relates to common general health complaints
- Identify posture distortions and how they correspond to the spine
- Learn exercise solutions to correct/prevent common spinal issues
Additional information: This conference will be approved for 6 hours of CEU's through AAMA. Light breakfast and lunch included.