Dementia Conversations and Effective Care Strategies
May 20 - May 21, 2021
Choose from 3 options to attend:
Live web conferencing session: Thursday, May 20, 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Live web conferencing session: Friday, May 21, 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Recorded videos: Watch the recorded sessions of the conference at the date and time of your convenience
Session 1: Love, Intimacy and Alzheimer's
Presenter: Sharlene Bellefeuille, Community Outreach Coordinator, Alzheimer’s Association WI Chapter
- When we are in the midst of a devastating disease like Alzheimer’s there is no outside standard for others in society to understand our loss. But, there are still lovely moments, laughs, touching, and the precious, fragile gift of time together. Join us as we discuss love, intimacy and Alzheimer’s.
Session 2: Aging Among Intellectually/Developmentally Disabled Adults
Presenter: Rebecca Mein, Regional Operations Senior Manager, Inclusa
- As individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities live fuller and longer lives it is important to understand how they experience the aging process, in particular the risks and symptoms of dementia. This discussion will touch at a high level aspects of aging and dementia for our community members diagnosed with intellectual/development disabilities.
Session 3: A Tribal Perspective on Aging & Disability Services within the Community/Reservation
Presenter: Terrance Manuelito, LCO Tribal Aging & Disability Services Director & Rosalie Gokee, LCO Tribal Dementia Care Specialist
- Considering the issues surrounding tribal aging clients within the reservation relating to Health Disparities, Historical Trauma, and challenges to address needs relating to Alzheimer’s and Dementia; we would like to discuss matters that relate to our Department services, dealing with clients’ needs and community services available. Conversation will include creating an awareness to improve working relationships and processes between all parties involved to best meet the needs of the individual served.
Bonus content! Recorded videos available for all participants on self-care topics.
Did you miss out watching a bonus video from a previous conference? Many videos will be available one more time as part of our last conference of the series. Watch for the full list and links as part of the conference materials in May.
Thank you to Sawyer County Dementia Network for the coordination of this event.
Step 1: Click below to select the date/time or format you want to attend, press the RSVP now button and complete the short form (note: Internet Explorer is not compatible with this form).
- Thursday, 5/20, 1-4 pm (live webinar)
- Friday, 5/21, 9am-12 pm (live webinar)
- Recorded presentations – watch anytime without live internet connection needed. Click link from an email, press play and watch.
Step 2: If you’re a family caregiver within the 14-county coverage area (Barron, Rusk, Washburn, Sawyer, Bayfield, Ashland, Iron, Douglas, Burnett, Polk, St. Croix, Pierce, Dunn, St. Louis (MN)), our conference sponsors will be covering the cost of your registration. No other action is needed.
For professionals who need to register for CEU hours or those caregivers who are outside our 14-county coverage area (see list above), please email Melissa.firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information and next steps. Class details: Cost: $35 ($21.11 for 62+); class number: 25104; catalog number: 47-520-405
Gold Level Sponsors:
Bronze Level Sponsors:
Alzheimer’s Association WI Chapter
Amery Memory Care
Office for the Blind and Visually Impaired
Become a Sponsor!
The five regional coalitions from throughout Northwest Wisconsin have joined forces to offer a series of virtual Caregiver Conferences for the 2020-21 year! Becoming a sponsor allows you to be a part of this amazing event and give your organization prime electronic and print visibility to an audience of caregivers. Your sponsorship supports all five virtual conferences that will take place in September, November, January, March and May.
Please review the sponsorship overview for more details, then complete and submit your sponsorship agreement form. Payment can be either by mailing a check or via credit card using the sponsorship payment link below.