College Tuition Assistance for Area High School Graduates
The WITC Promise Scholarship, funded by the WITC Foundation, provides free college tuition for area high school graduates who meet program eligibility requirements. The WITC Promise Scholarship will pay the balance of tuition and fees for eligible students after federal grants, state grants and WITC Foundation Scholarships are applied. Tuition will be covered up to four terms (pending eligibility requirements each term).
Who is eligible for the WITC Promise Scholarship?
- 2020 high school, GED or home-schooled graduate
- Apply for admissions to a financial aid-eligible program at WITC by April 20, 2020
- Student must be a Wisconsin resident at time of application
- Complete and submit the Free Application for Financial Aid (FAFSA) by April 20, 2020
- Complete and submit WITC Promise Application by April 20, 2020
- Student must meet eligibility requirements for Federal and Wisconsin financial aid
- Complete all program admissions requirements prior to July 1, 2020
- Have an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) of $3,500 or lower as determined by information provided on the Free Application for Financial Aid (a student's EFC is an index number of how much financial aid the student is eligible to receive; it is not the amount of money a student will have to pay for college, nor is it the amount of student aid a student will receive)
- Achieve minimum 2.0 GPA for senior year in high school
- Participate in a free Financial Literacy training program while enrolled at WITC
- Enroll in at least 12 credits per term (exception to minimum credit requirement may apply for certain programs)
- Complete the WITC Foundation Scholarship application for all future terms
"The WITC Foundation Board is pleased to support and fund this important college initiative. We know the college's graduates are in high demand, and the WITC Promise will give the opportunity to more individuals to attend WITC who otherwise might not have been able to afford to enroll."
–Charlie Singler, WITC Foundation board president
Apply for the Promise Scholarship
To apply for the WITC Promise scholarship, fill out the simple application below and click "send message" to submit the form, and then complete any remaining steps listed above.